This and That 2
I’m writing a long post on a niche topic – I hope you’re in that niche – and in the meantime, here’s a few links and bits that caught my eye:
- Extreme Saving: Setting a retirement goal of age 35 — the comments are pretty interesting, but then, I’ve been living under a rock for a couple of years, shunning both mass media and most online forums.
- 5 reasons investors can’t set it and forget it — this is about the dangers of stop-losses. Funny comments, again. Like this one: “Obviously Hodson didn’t believe in stop loss orders when running a growth fund in 2008 he was down over 70% at one point in 2008…shouldn’t be allowed to give advice to anyone about running money…..brutal.” Always, consider the source.
- Simple Savings — the slogan here is “Learn to save money on just about EVERYTHING!”. Frankly, I find the look of the website daunting although it has a huge following and probably a plethora of awesome savings tips. Despite keeping the page open for a couple of weeks, I haven’t gone beyond the front page. From time to time, I just like to glance at the shocking cost of skincare on the opening page. That fact alone is worth a visit.
- Back in March, Questrade IQ was updated to allow mini options trading. Here’s more info on that.
- “President Obama and his family will be going to Africa later this month. But the trip won’t be cheap; it’s expected to cost American taxpayers $60 to $100 million, according to the Washington Post.” Mmmmmkay…