As mentioned in my previous post, I had requested a price match on high-speed internet from Sympatico. It’s not going smoothly so far.
In March (first contract month) they added on $17.10 activation fee, so our total bill came to $44.56, about $5 less than before. It was supposed to have been around $30-35. This was most likely a computer error – they assumed since we signed a new contract, we must be a new customer (not so!), so they or it charged us an activation fee.
Of course I called them the minute I noticed it on the credit card statement, and they graciously removed the charge, but I spent yet another 15 minutes straightening this out. Really hoping next month it’ll go as planned.